When we were born again, our 'spirit man' was made perfect! Our 'spirit man' can't get more perfect because the Holy Spirit lives IN us [and He wouldn't be IN us if we weren't just right - which is what Jesus does for us].
"God's word was spoken so it could be written so we could hear it and so we could speak it."
James (Jesus' half brother) wasn't a believer until after the resurrection.
- Soul = will, mind, emotions.
- Romans 12:1-2
- Satan chips away at who we THINK we are. Society is twisting and turning constantly away from God.
- Take care of the temple (body).
- Educate the intellect (mind)
- Fill the spirit man (spirit)
- There's heaven. There's hell. And there's earth.
- NEVER underestimate the power of the born again experience. It is everything! C.S. Lewis calls it "the great exchange" - Jesus exchanged His life for us.
- 1 Corinthians 15:45
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
- Galatians 5:20
- We are more than conquerors through Christ. The Holy Spirit lives in us.
- Colossians 2:20 ... crucified
- Colossians 2:13 and Romans 6:4 ... died and buried
- Ephesians 2:1 ... alive
- Ephesians 2:4-6 ... raised
- 1 Corinthians 6:15-17 ... one spirit
- Ephesians 1:22-23 ... His body
- Colossians 1:27 ... He is in us
- Colossians 2:10 ... we are in Him
- 1 John 4:17 ... so are we in this world.
- Be aware of what you're thinking about. Think about what you are thinking about. Be mindful of your thought life.
- You can't think and talk at the same time (try it sometime).
- The tongue is the steering wheel of life.
- Speak the truth of Christ - memorize it and draw from it.
- 2/3 of our testament has to do with our behavior.
- We are living epistles - letters from God.
- He has everything we need/want. We have to reach out and accept it.
- Faith is activated by action.
- Proverbs 28:1 ... Boldness, Confidence, Assurance
- Faith ... Living and acting like the bible is true. Romans 4:17
- To be full of joy is = strength!
- There's a difference between faith and mental assent. True faith's first action - speak it. "Believe in your heart and confess with your mouth."
- The word of God is faith food.