Habakkuk 3:2 says "... I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; ..." We read and hear about the amazing things God has done in the past. But, what about now? What about in our time? According to Bill, God's great work comes through his people who are fully devoted to Him. Questions to ask include:
- Are we attracting fully devoted people?
- Are we growing them?
- Are we feeding [training] and mentoring them?
What if you are not a church? What if you are a business organization? Are your people devoted to the work your organization does? Are you growing them? Feeding [training] them? Mentoring them? Here's an exercise for you and your team:
- How many key seats are there in the organization?
- What percentage of those key seats are filled with the right [devoted] people?
- What is our plan to get and/or grow the right people?
- Are we developing backup people for each key seat?
If you are interested in learning more about Bill Hybels or his presentation on 'Leading in a New Reality', check out Summit Next Steps [catchy title] and scroll down to 'Speaker Links and More.'
Here's to learning and growing! J