Saturday, February 6, 2010

What Will You Do Differently On Monday?

I've just started reading Linchpin by Seth Godin and am LOVING IT! I love the way this man thinks - so unconventional and real world. In just the first few pages gems like the following pop out:

  • All of us are geniuses sometimes.
  • You have brillance in you, your contribution is valuable, and the art you create is precious.
  • If you've got something to say, say it, and think well of yourself while you're learning to say it better." - David Mamet
Then I put the book down and login to Twitter. I follow the Harvard Busines Review [HarvardBiz] and while scrolling through tweets, I see a tweet from HRB titled Drucker's Question: What Will You Do Differently on Monday?. In the article, Drucker is quoted as saying "Don't tell me you had a wonderful meeting with me. Tell me what you're going to do on Monday that is different." The article goes on to discuss how attendees of one particular leadership event, the Drucker Institute at Claremont Graduate University's CEO Forum held in October 2009, DID go out and do something different because of what they'd heard at the forum.

So, what about you? What about me? When you "learn, hear, experience" something new, what do you do with it?

The past three months have held a lot of "new" for me. Development of a new business model, rededication to actively growing my faith, and taking my physical well being to a new level. So what will Monday look like for me?
  • Taking the new model and adapting it to two more clients [one is up and running - and going well!].
  • Taking my newly Bible [new testament] loaded MP3 player to the gym with me.
  • Continue with my training [which I started on Thursday] for my first triathlon [sprint] June 6, 2010.
What will Monday look like for you?

Here's to learning and growing. J

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I checked in to see what was up with you. I'm recreated my personal blog (journal) as a place to keep writing regardless of how long or well written it is. I'll keep saying it until I learn how to say it well. Love that! Thank you - & I want to hear about this new business model.

    ReplyDelete